The team manager will work closely with the head coach and will be responsible for the administration, logistics, and communications of the team leading up to and during the Western Canada Summer Games, in Swift Current, Sk, August 13-18, 2018.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROWING TEAM MANAGER
- Attend team and manager seminars and meetings – MRA and Team Toba
- Collect Athlete Agreements and Code of Conducts (update with True Sport and Marijuana Use) forms signed by athletes and parents – review forms prior to signing at an athlete/parent meeting
- Collect Team Fees
- Ensure athletes are registered and all required forms are turned in to Sport Manitoba
- Handle all matters relating to uniforms – racing and Team Manitoba
- Request any special needs and/or dietary specifics
- Assist in the booking and planning of training camps and pre-WCSG regatta travel.
- Assist in booking and confirm travel arrangements for managers, coaches and athletes as required by the travel policy. Note: MRA will not bear responsibility for unauthorized expenditures. Any costs not covered by policy must be authorized by the office.
- Know where to find medical assistance at the regatta site and how they are accessed.
- Provide athletes with transportation schedule and specifics to and from the venue.
- Communicate rules and who is responsible for team discipline. This includes curfews, behaviours and consequences recommended by Manitoba Rowing.
- Communicates results to Team Toba and/or media following completion of the day’s competition.
- Monitor and provide feedback to coaching staff of any athlete issues or concerns
- Ensure we have a medical kit available for travel and regattas
- Meet athletes needs at regatta, meal times/locations, training times, travel times
– A Managers’ Report should be submitted to the MRA Office within one calendar month of returning from the Games.
– Report to include the following:
- Team Staff
- Team Athletes
- Method of travel to and from games
- Accommodation – name, address, quality, problems etc.
- Competition – note quality of competition, administrative arrangements, conditions, weather, etc.
- General comments – note any problems with athletes, staff, meet organization, travel arrangements, uniforms, etc.
- Recommendations – list items that should be changed in future, ie. method of travel, hotel arrangements, etc.
- Results if available
- Expenses (other than the personal expenses) – See travel policy –
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and letter of interest to:
Andrea Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is August 20, 2018.