The Winnipeg Rowing Club (WRC) was founded in 1881. The club has been on both sides of the Red River, south of the Forks for over a century. The WRC has produced many National and International Champions, including George Galt, Elswood Bole, Culver Riley and Theo Dubois.
The WRC had been at 144 Lyndale Drive for over 50 years before it moved to its present location at 20 Lyndale Dr. in 1990, just in time to host the Western Canada Summer Games. The Winnipeg Rowing Club is a non-profit organization and is operated entirely by the membership with assistance from the Manitoba Rowing Association. An elected Board of Directors, made up of volunteers is responsible for the general operations of the WRC.
The WRC offers programs to all ages and levels to individuals and groups throughout the city of Winnipeg. The WRC provides training and rowing instruction on a year round basis.