WHERE TO JOIN
PINAWA ROWING CLUB
The Pinawa Rowing Club was formed in 1987. The clubhouse is located at the Pinawa Marina on the Winnipeg River. The PRC offers Learn-to-Row programs for adults and high school students as well as training programs at the junior and master levels.
PRC members participate in regattas at all levels, from provincial to national as well in the North West International Rowing Association circuit. The Pinawa Rowing Club is an active member of the Manitoba Rowing Association. The main catchment area for the PRC includes Pinawa and the surrounding communities of Lac du Bonnet, Seven Sisters and Whitemouth.
Box 591, Willis Drive
Pinawa, MB, R0R 1L0
PRAIRIE FIRE ROWING CLUB
The Prairie Fire Rowing Club (PFRC) was founded in 1999. PFRC focuses on adult recreational rowing. The mandate of PFRC is to provide a club that offers the freedom to row any time in suits members’ schedules. Members can choose if they want to participate in an intense work-out or have relaxed row enjoying the beauty of Winnipeg from the Red River.
PFRC is run entirely by its members volunteering their time and providing their skills to the benefit of club operations. The club is an active member of the Manitoba Rowing Association.
20 Lyndale Drive
64 Roslyn Crescent
Winnipeg, MB, R3L 0H7
THE WINNIPEG ROWING CLUB
The Winnipeg Rowing Club (WRC) was founded in 1881. The club has been on both sides of the Red River, south of the Forks for over a century. The WRC has produced many National and International Champions, including George Galt, Elswood Bole, Culver Riley and Theo Dubois.
The WRC had been at 144 Lyndale Drive for over 50 years before it moved to its present location at 20 Lyndale Dr. in 1990, just in time to host the Western Canada Summer Games. The Winnipeg Rowing Club is a non-profit organization and is operated entirely by the membership with assistance from the Manitoba Rowing Association. An elected Board of Directors, made up of volunteers is responsible for the general operations of the WRC.
The WRC offers programs to all ages and levels to individuals and groups throughout the city of Winnipeg. The WRC provides training and rowing instruction on a year round basis.
KENORA ROWING CLUB
Kenora Rowing Club (KRC) has several categories of memberships:
- Learn to Row – Adult: Program includes a safety video, introduction to the boathouse, description and understanding of the equipment used and a water session in training boats.
- Learn to Row – Youth: Program includes a safety video, introduction to the boathouse, description and understanding of the equipment used and a water session in training boats.
- IROW: to introduce school groups/ youth to rowing. Program includes a safety video, introduction to the boathouse, description and understanding of the equipment used and a water session in training boats.
- Adult Recreational: adults who have completed learn to row, has full club privileges, has completed learn to row
- Junior Competitive: rows in sanctioned regattas, 17 yrs of age or younger. Has completed learn to row
- Adult Competitive: rows in sanctioned regattas and has full club privileges
- Adult Recreation Punch Cards: same as Adult Recreation, just pay for a punch card of 6 rows.
110 Birchwood Crescent
Kenora, ON, P9N 4K7