Junior Coach & Club Assistant
Kenora Rowing Club is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic youth (age 15-30) to assist in coaching, event planning, and administrative duties at the club this summer. They will promote participation, excellence, and safety in rowing at the Kenora Rowing Club. This position will work alongside Kenora Rowing Club coaches, Board Executives, and regatta planning committees to assist with planning, promotion, and coaching of events including Learn to Row sessions, Come and Try sessions, and regattas (including Mantario Rowdown, Tops and Bottoms, and NWIRA Championships). They will receive training and orientation as needed to assist in club duties.
Work with Learn to Row coaches to assist in leading Learn to Row sessions for novice rowers
Work with Competitive Coach to assist in leading practices and workouts as needed
Assist KRC Volunteer coaches in leading Come and Try events for non-members
Work with KRC board Executives to recruit rowers to summer rowing programs
Draft promotional posters, pamphlets, newsletters
Maintain KRC social media presence and identify other effective methods of community promotion and recruitment
Assist regatta organizers in planning and coordinating logistics for regattas
Work with KCR Learn to Row Coordinator to assist in communication and registrations for KRC club programming
Assist in planning and preparations for KRC Come and Try and other promotional events
- Ability to work individually and with a team,
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Digital skills including creating newsletters, promotional graphics and social media management an asset
- Previous rowing experience would be an asset
- Previous coaching experience considered an asset
- Successful applicant must have completed or be willing to complete the Rowing Canada eLearning Modules
- First aid training an asset
- Boating license a requirement
- Current Criminal Record Check
- Anticipated start date of June 10, 2019 until September 1, 2019.
- 30 hours per week (schedule varies to match training programs and club activities and events)
Please send your resume to Erin McCuaig, KRC President, at email@example.com the Subject “Junior Coach Application” by May 15, 2019.